Thursday, July 31, 2008

NYC





Before Clare started her new camp, I decided to take the girls to the City on the train and meet Paul for lunch. The girls were great on the train. Clare was such a big girl, getting on the train by herself while I contended with Gwen and the big stroller, without the conductor's help - Argh!Paul met us at Christopher Street PATH station and we went to the Cowgirl restaurant for lunch, which was fun and delish. We strolled by Paul's office building before heading to the waterpark. The girls had a blast at the park. We had been there once or twice with Clare, before Gwen joined the family. Clare definitely remembered it. The park was not too crowded seeing that it was a Friday afternoon. When the girls tired of the park, we had ice cream sandwiches and wandered around Chelsea Market and the surrounding area until Paul got out of work. While at the Market, Clare decided she wanted a loaf of bread and grapes for the train ride home so I obliged. (I'm surprised she didn't also ask for cheese and wine to make it a complete little Parisian picnic. I blame those Fancy Nancy books.)

No comments: