



The big day finally arrived. I managed to finish sewing Clare's cow costume and she agreed to wear it. (After attending a Halloween party the weekend before, Clare kept saying she wanted to be a princess, not a cow. She was so adamant I borrowed a Snow White costume (thank you Cathy!) as a back up just in case she had a meltdown.) The day started with a parade from her school around a few of the neighboring blocks. Then they had a party in the classroom. Potato chips and marshmallow covered cupcakes at 10 in the morning - what could be better. The teachers got the kids dancing, I'm sure in an effort to work off some of that sugar! Right after school we met up with some pals from our playgroup to Trick-or-Treat along Washington Street and to march in the parade. This was the first time we had been in town to experience the parade and festivities. Clare was really into the Trick-or-Treating, but was not very interested in the candy which was fine with us. By 5 o clock Clare said she wanted to go home and take a nap. I felt the same. It had been a very full day.
No comments:
Post a Comment